beetroot & feta patties
Like many, I am trying to reduce my meat consumption and several times a week I make a vegetarian meal. These patties are great for a lunch or light supper. I serve them with sweet potatoes fries and a green salad, but they are also delicious in a burger bun if you want to serve as an alternative to a burger. You can make ahead and leave in the fridge before cooking.
makes 4 patties
300g raw beetroot, peeled
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoon coconut flour
100g feta cheese
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grate the beetroot in a food processor using the grater attachment.
- Place in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
the health boost tip
The benefits of including more vegetables in your diet is overwhelming. Beetroot has gained a reputation for both cardiovascular and cancer preventative health. The fibre in beetroot has been shown to increase the levels of the antioxidant enzymes, as well as increase the numbers of special white blood cells responsible for detecting and eliminating abnormal cells.
Download a printable version here