cauliflower & curry velouté
Soups are sometimes forgotten or overlooked. It is such a shame! When trying to feed a busy family with nutritious homemade meals, soups are the perfect prepare in advance and serve a day or two later. This soup is very quick to make and very creamy!
1 medium cauliflower
½ litre vegetable stock
1 garlic clove
4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 or 2 tsp medium curry powder
Salt and pepper
Prep Time: 10mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- Cut cauliflower into florets and wash
- Peel and chop garlic clove
- Pour vegetable stock into a saucepan
- Add cauliflower florets and garlic to saucepan, cover and simmer for 30minutes
- Once cooked, reserve 4 florets
- Remove half the stock and reserve
- Using a hand-blender, blend the rest of the stock and cauliflower.
- Add the remaining stock little by little.
- Add curry powder and blend some more
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Finally, add Greek yoghurt and whisk briskly to create a deliciously creamy and frothy texture… making this soup a “Velouté”
- Serve with the reserved florets and another pinch of curry powder
Make on Sunday and enjoy later in the week…
THE HEALTH BOOST TIP
Cauliflower has many health benefits! It is packed with Vitamin C, rich in Calcium and is also a good source of fibre. Part of the cruciferous family of vegetable, it contains antioxidants too.
You could also swap the curry powder for some Turmeric for an extra kick of anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties.