Get your greens in
This makes a fantastic breakfast or brunch. By opting for vegetables and eggs for breakfast over sugary laden cereals or toast you are sustaining your energy and balancing your blood sugar levels. This breakfast should keep you going until lunchtime and how virtuous will you feel having your greens for breakfast?!
1 leek, sliced
1 courgette, sliced and halved
Large handful of kale, shredded
4 baby tomatoes, halved
pinch of chilli flakes
Feta cheese (optional)
- Sauté the leek and courgette in a large frying pan for 4 minutes.
- Add the kale and tomatoes and continue to fry for another 2 minutes.
- Make 4 dips or wells in the kale and crack in the eggs.
- Cook with a lid on for 4 minutes or place in the oven/grill until cooked.
- Sprinkle with some chilli flakes and some feta if desired.
The Health Boost Tip
Green vegetables contain magnesium, which is essential for over 300 reactions in the body. Around 80% of adults are deficient in this important mineral.