salmon & dill rillettes
Once again we are back with a very simple, quick and versatile recipe. To be enjoyed all year round, it is a fantastic prepped in advance lunch box item which can also be served chilled to accompany evening drinks or as a starter for your next dinner party. Salmon and dill is such a deliciously fresh classic combination.
400g fresh salmon fillets
100g smoked salmon
125g full fat Greek yoghurt
20g fresh dill
Sprig of thyme
Couple of bay leaves
Prep time: 20mins
Cooking time: 10mins
- Bring a pan of water to simmer.
- Add 2 bay leaves a sprig of thyme and half the dill.
- Add the salmon fillets, cover and cook for 10-15mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan, remove the skin, add to a large bowl and breakdown with a fork .
- Cut the smoked salmon into small pieces.
- Add smoked salmon and Greek yoghurt to the large bowl and mix with poached salmon.
- Add other half of dill, finely chopped and mix well.
- Squeeze juice of one lime into the bowl and mix some more.
- Pinch of salt.
- Pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a jar and keep in the fridge.
the health boost tip
Rich in protein and packed with your all important omega 3 essential fats, this recipe could easily become a must have on your food prep list.
It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.