These chicken strips make a perfect Saturday lunch with salad or stuffed into wraps or pitta bread with guacamole or hummus. Can also be eaten cold for picnics or packed lunches.
3-4 chicken breasts sliced into strips or a packet of chicken breast fillets
100g ground almonds
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Large handful of chopped parsley
1 large egg
- Mix the ground almonds, paprika and parsley together in one bowl.
- Crack the egg into another bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg and then dip them in the almond flour mix until coated.
- Place the chicken strips onto a baking tray.
- Cook in a medium oven for 20 minutes until cooked through.
The Health Boost Tip
Organic chicken is a great source of protein, B vitamins and minerals such as selenium, phosphorus, zinc and copper. Choosing organic means you are lowering your risk of contaminated feeds and organic chicken usually has a higher nutrient quality.