glorious green soup
I guess you have possibly realised by now that we love our greens! First thing in the morning for breakfast in the form of leafy greens with eggs or spinach added to a smoothie... Well, let us introduce you to a delicious green soup for a healthy immune boosting natural solution to swerving those winter colds, sniffles and coughs. Give it a go!
1 large courgette, chopped
3 leeks, sliced
400g fresh spinach
1 broccoli head
2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped finely
Handful of fresh coriander
1 knob of butter
1.5L of vegetable stock, chicken stock or water
prep time: 15mins
cook time: approx 60mins
- In a large cast iron pan, add the butter and melt
- Add the chopped leeks and chopped garlic and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until leeks are soft, stirring regularly
- Add the courgettes and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Add the broccoli florets and water or stock
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add spinach and simmer for a further 30 minutes
- Take off the heat, add the fresh coriander and blitz to reach desired consistency. For a smooth thin soup you may want to add extra water or stock.
- Serve with warm toasted sourdough and a dollop of creme fraiche!!
the health boost tip
The benefits of eating more greens is well documented. This soup is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and essential minerals. Leeks and garlic are also prebiotic foods and help to improve gut health.
This soup can be frozen and is a regular on my Sunday meal prep for the busy week ahead!