cumin chicken skewers
Children love food on sticks! The chicken has been marinated in yoghurt overnight, which makes it soft and succulent - perfect for younger children who sometimes find breast meat hard work. My daughter says this is her favourite way of eating chicken breast.
Serves 2-4 children depending on age.
400g chicken breast fillets
4 tablespoon of full-fat Greek yoghurt
1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
juice of 1 lemon
- Mix the yoghurt, cumin and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken fillets to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. If using wooden skewers soak in water for 10 minutes first so they don't burn.
- Bake in the oven until cooked.
The Health Boost Tip
The long marinade time really is worth it for this dish. Prep the night before, it only takes 5 minutes, and then you just have to bake the next day - ready on the table in about 15 minutes.