harissa baked cod
At the Health Boost we're here to share quick simple and delicious recipes that you can make and enjoy again and again. This cod is packed full of the aromatic flavours of the Rose Harissa and simply baked in parchment paper. It is ready very quickly and can be served on a bed of crushed new potatoes or wild rice and a rainbow of seasonal veggies!
250g skinless cod fillets
Rose harissa paste (we love Belazu)
Extra virgin olive oil
You will also need parchment / greaseproof baking paper
Prep time: 5mins
Cooking time: 15-20mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut 2 pieces of baking/parchment paper.
- Add a cod fillet to each parchment piece.
- Spread a teaspoonful of Harissa paste on each.
- Top with a slice of lemon and drizzle with olive oil.
- Close the parcels the best you can.
- Slide in the oven for about 20 mins (depending on size/thickness of cod fillets).
- Serve on a bed of crushed new potatoes or wild rice and with your choice of greens.
The Health Boost Tip
Cod are salt water fish that live best in deep artic-temperature waters. It's an excellent source of protein, selenium and vitamin B12. In addition cod is a very good source of vitamins B6 and D, niacin and phosphorus. Fish, particularly cold-water fish, have been shown to be very beneficial for protecting against heart disease, Alzheimer's and many forms of cancer.