A very simple dish that is prepared in one pot so minimal washing up, which has to be a bonus. I serve this with a mix of red and wild rice and some in season greens on the side such as broccoli or kale. This is a great dish for children that are fussy with fish. Cod is a mild flavour and the yummy tomato sauce can hide the fish if needed.
serves 2 adults and 3 children
2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 leek, halved lengthways and sliced
2 courgette, sliced into quarters
100g chorizo, sliced
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
2 tablespoon of avocado oil
680g jar of passata (check there's no added sugar)
jar of black pitted olives
cod loin weighing 850g
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large rectangular dish measuring.... place the chopped onion, garlic, leek, courgette, chorizo and paprika.
- Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and mix everything together.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, add the passata and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven again and stir in the olives and lay the cod loin on top of the tomato sauce.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes until the cod is cooked through but still moist.
- Serve either on its own with some seasonal greens or with some red and wild rice.
the health boost tip
Download a printable version here