asparagus, pea & feta wrap
Do you love asparagus but struggle with ideas? Try this fresh and lovely summery wrap. When entertaining over the summer months, we're always after new ideas for salads and easy healthy foods that we are able to prepare ahead to offer a wide selection of colourful, balanced sides for picnic and barbecues. This can be prepared ahead, presented as a salad, or served as a topping for a summery tart. The flavours will transport you to a sunny Mediterranean destination!
Makes 1 wrap/flat bread
5-6 fresh asparagus spears, peeled and trimmed
1 flatbread or wrap of your choice
50-60g frozen peas, thawed
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Handful of micro herbs and pea shoots
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
prep time: 15mins
cook time: 20mins
- Put the thawed peas in a bowl and crush them well with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and black pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Soft boil the egg, cool, peel off the shell. cut in quarters and set aside.
- If you like your asparagus soft, blanch or steam them before next step.
- Heat up a grill oven or a chargrill pan to high.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus spears for 1-2 minutes until the chargrill marks appear, remove and set aside.
- Warm up your flat bread or wrap if desired.
- On your flat bread start assembling with crushed peas first, arrange the quartered soft boiled eggs, asparagus, herbs and shoots if using.
- Finish by crumbling and scattering the feta over.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season well.
- Serve and eat immediately or roll into a wrap for later.
the health boost
The asparagus seasons so short in the UK so we love to include those wonderful spears in our weekly meal plans as much as possible.
Asparagus are a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium. They are also packed with antioxidants.