oat & blueberry squares
These quick to make oat squares could become your favourite healthy on-the-go snacks pre or post workout or for busy after school sport clubs.
Makes 16 squares
Prep Time: 10mins
Cooking time: 25-30mins
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease a glass or ceramic 8x8 dish with coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bananas, chopped, and mash with a fork.
- Add the oats and mix well. Stir in your choice of nut butter and add the seeds and vanilla and finish with the frozen blueberries.
- Poor mixture into a greased 8in x 8in glass dish (Pyrex)
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for about 25-30minutes or until the top browns and crisps a little.
- Leave to cool completely in the dish.
- Cut into squares while still in the dish.
- It will keep really well for a couple of days in an airtight container.
THE HEALTH BOOST TIP
So quick to make, with easy ingredients, this could become part of your Sunday food prep. It will make a great after school snack, a breakfast on-the-go for those rushing out the door in the morning.
It is also a perfect kids lunch box / picnic item. If you need a NUT-FREE version, you can use seed butter.
You can also swap those amazing blueberries for your fruit of choice and have fun with it!