polenta fish fingers
These are a healthy and gluten free alternative to the frozen fish finger. By making them yourself you can be confident on the quality of the fish and ensure there's no added nasties. Many fish fingers from supermarkets are coated in unhealthy oils, which have no place in our diet. Serve with a side of sweet potato fries and a couple of green vegetables as a perfect balanced meal. If your child is suspicious of 'green bits' then leave the parsley out!
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the polenta, almond flour and parsley on a plate and mix well.
- Crack the egg into a bowl.
- Cut the fish into strips.
- Dip the fish into the egg and then roll into the polenta mix.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
the health boost tip
By making fish fingers yourself you can be confident that your child is actually eating some fish. Many of the fish fingers on the market only contain about 60% fish, the rest being the coating. These fingers are at least 80% fish. They can be frozen uncooked and then cooked from frozen, just increase the cooking time. So why not make double and have a stash in your freezer for busy days?