slow cooked gammon & rosemary
One of the difficult things about a busy hectic family life is managing time and meal planning. That's where your AGA or like me a slow-cooker is a saviour several times a week. This gammon joint offers really intense flavours and requires no stock or liquid added.
1kg Free-range unsmoked gammon joint
2 white onions, sliced
100g sun-dried or semi-dried tomatoes
1 or 2 clove fresh garlic, thinly sliced
prep time: 5mins
cook time: 6-10hours
- Place half the sliced onions on the bottom of your dish
- Add a few sundried tomatoes and sprinkle with half the garlic
- Set the gammon joint on top
- Add the rest of the onions, tomatoes and garlic on top of the joint
- Add the rosemary sprigs on top
- Set your slowcooker to low for 8 to 10 hours
the health boost tip
Gammon is a relatively cheap cut of meat to keep your weekly food budget in check. It keeps well and is delicious eaten cold, sliced for a lunch box sandwich or cubed and added to a salad. We love a multitasking recipe yielding plenty of leftovers!
For the little ones, slow cooked meat is also the best and easiest to eat as it is extremely tender and literally melts in their mouth.