lavender & pistachio jam cookies
At The Health Boost, we are foodies and passionate about good food to be enjoyed with our friends and family. And who doesn't enjoy a nice cookie! As always, we try and keep it free from nasties and rich in the good stuff. Including lavender flowers into the cookie dough has transformed those little thumb print cookies into real taste buds adventures. Don't get bored, be bold with food !
For the chia jam
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the cookie dough
100g oat flour
100g ground pistachios
2 tablespoons raw virgin coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon lavender flowers (available from Waitrose)
Prep time: 30 mins
Setting time (chia jam): 2 hours
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
- In a food processor bowl, add the blueberries, raspberries and maple syrup and pulse until combined into a smoothie consistency.
- Transfer to a jar, add the chia seeds and mix well.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the oat flour, ground up pistachios and a pinch of a salt and mix together well.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the lavender and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 spoonfuls and shape each portion into a ball by rolling them with the palm of your hands.
- Arrange the cookie balls on the lined baking sheet and press down the middle of them with your thumb to create a little well / thumbprint.
- Add the chia jam in the created space.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
the health boost tip
These cookies are not just adventurous, they are full of goodness. Oats are a great source of magnesium, which is often lacking in our modern diet. The dietary fibre in oats is high in beta-glucan which helps to lower cholesterol by binding bile acids and removing them from the body. The berries in the chia jam are rich in antioxidants which are essential to help repair our bodies. Rather than reach for a sugary shop bought cookie give these a try – they are so much better for your bodies!