pea & sweetcorn fritters
As you know, at The Health Boost, we are passionate about encouraging the whole family to eat real food together. This recipe is tasty, only takes a few minutes to make and will be loved by all, from toddlers to grown-ups and everyone in between. It is a great vegetarian or meat free day option that you can spice up with extra chilli!
Makes 8 fritters
300g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
100g frozen peas, thawed
Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
175g oat flour (naturally gluten free)
1tsp baking powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1tsp chilli flakes (optional)
prep time: 20mins
cook time: 15mins
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peas, sweetcorn, chopped onion and coriander and mix together.
- In a food processor bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and eggs.
- Add about 3/4 of the vegetable mix into the food processor and whizz until well combined.
- Now add the rest of the vegetables and season with salt and pepper and fold everything together.
- Add chilli flakes (if using).
- Heat about 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add heaped tablespoons of the batter to form fritters and fry gently until brown on both sides (about 1-2 minutes each side).
- Repeat to make more fritters.
the health boost tip
These fritters are a perfect finger food for the whole family that you will want to make ahead for a school trip lunch box, an impromptu picnic or as a vegetarian option for a summer barbecue.
They are nutritionally balance, good carbohydrates, protein and fibres and delicious served hot or cold with a colourful salad and homemade guacamole.