raspberry & coconut FroYo
It's not just any yoghurt... oh no! It's frozen yoghurt, aka Fro-Yo. And that takes us into a whole different world of yummy healthy desserts. With so many different fruits available in the summer, the possibilities are endless.
2 medium ripe banana, mashed
3 cups Greek Yoghurt ( we use Full fat Fage Total Greek Yoghurt)
1 cup toasted coconut shavings
2 or 3 cups coconut water
- In a Nutribullet or similar processor, add half the raspberries
- Add 2 cups of coconut water and whizz until a coulis forms and set aside
- In a large bowl, add the 2 bananas and mash them well until they form a puree
- Add the Greek yoghurt and mix well
- Gently fold in the other half of the raspberries
- Add the toasted coconut and gently fold
- Pour the yoghurt mixture into an airtight container
- Pour about a 1/3 of the raspberry coulis and with a knife make swirls
- Keep in freezer
- Take out of freezer 15-20mins before serving
- Keep the rest of the raspberry coulis in the fridge and pour over the frozen yoghurt when serving
The Health Boost Tip
Once again here, the aim is to make quick and simple healthy food exciting for everyone to tuck in. If I bring a tub of Greek yoghurt and a punnet of raspberries to the table at the end of a meal, I may face a few disappointed faces... but instead, all I've done is transformed them ever so slightly.
Greek yoghurt has a higher protein content helping you stay full for longer and raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C.